Charades is the perfect party game. You can play it anytime, anywhere, with people of any age, and you don’t need any extra materials or complicated rules to start the fun. All you need are a few friends and funny charades ideas for what words and phrases to act out.
If you need a refresher on how to play charades or are looking for some ideas for funny charade topics, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, I’ll give you a basic run down of the rules for charades and then provide over 100 funny charades ideas that you can use in your next game.
How to Play Charades
Charades is an easy, fun game that you can play with people of any age anywhere you have room to gather and move around a bit. Follow these rules for a basic game of charades.
- Break your group into two equal teams.
- Choose a team to go first.
- The team that goes first chooses one team member to go first.
- The team member that goes first chooses a word or phrase to act out without words.
- The team member’s team must guess the word or phrase within one minute.
- If the team is able to guess the word or phrase, they get a point. If they don’t guess correctly, they don’t get a point.
- The other team repeats this process.
- Keep playing until all team members have gone.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
100+ Funny Charades Ideas
Stuck on which words or phrases to use in your next game of charades? Use these funny charades ideas for adults and children.
Easy Charades Words
Playing with kids, or people who haven’t played charades before? Use these words for an easy, fun-for-all game.
Medium Charades Words
Up for a bit of a challenge? These medium funny charades topics will give you a more challenging game.
Hard Charades Words
Playing with a team of experts? Use these difficult charades words to truly test your abilities.
Disney Charades Words
If you’re playing with kids or fans of Disney movies, try acting out these popular Disney titles and phrases.
|The Lion King
|“Let it go!”
|Lady and the Tramp
|“On a magic carpet ride”
|The Little Mermaid
|“A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down”
Musician Charades Words
Try embodying these famous singers, songwriters, instruments, and songs to turn your game of charades into a hilarious pantomimed concert.
|“Singin’ in the Rain”
|“The hills are alive, with the sound of music”
|“No Woman, No Cry”
Sports Charades Words
Try your hand at acting out these sports. Some of the funny charades topics are easy; some will make you think!
Animal Charades Words
Take a walk on the wild side and act out the behaviors of these common and not-so-common animals.